Latin-English Booklet Missal
Publisher: Ecclesia Dei
Publication Date: January 1, 1990
Format: Stapled Booklet
Receive your books in 2-9 days via USPS Media Mail.
Let the NEW REVISED Latin-English Booklet Missal guide YOU to a fuller, more prayerful participation in the old Mass in Latin.
First printed by Coalition Ecclesia Dei in September, 1990, this Booklet Missal has sold over 300,000 copies nationwide and is now the best-known and most used small missal at the growing number of Latin Masses implemented under Pope Benedict's Summorum Pontificum.
The 68-page, 5 1/2 by 8 inch booklet missal provides a compact source for praying the old Mass in Latin as well as other traditional prayers and meditations. Large, clear print, classic illustrations and concise explanations make the Fourth Edition easy to follow for senior citizens as well as helpful for younger Catholics and anyone unfamiliar with the rituals of the Tridentine Mass and other time-honored prayers of the Catholic Faith.
Complete text in English and Latin of the "Ordinary Prayers" used every day
Epistle, Gospel and other Proper Prayers of Trinity Sunday ( change with each Mass )
- Over 50 illustrations
- Instructions for when the Faithful are to kneel, stand or sit
- Explanatory Table of Contents
- Prayers before and after Mass
- Instructions for Confession: Examination of Conscience; Commandments of God and of the Church; Act of Contrition; Thanksgiving; Subjects for Daily Reflection; and more
- Expanded prayers before/after Communion: St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Bonaventure, St. Ambrose, and others
- Benediction prayers and hymns Traditional prayers and devotions to the Blessed Mother, Rosary, Angelus...
- Music for Missa de Angelis (sung Mass )
If you have the privileged to attend a Latin Mass this booklet in invaluable you can keep track of were you are and the appropriate time to make the sign of the cross and kneel. Highly recommended.
For those of us who did NOT grow up with the Latin Mass, this book makes things SO much easier and makes the Mass so much more enjoyable.
Simple, clear and easy way to introduce yourself to the old rite of the Church, a must get!
If you're just dipping your toes into the Latin Mass, I can't think of a better missal to buy than this. It's very simple and concise, and on the sides of each there are special notes that provide even greater clarity of what is going on during the Mass.Open the door and being your new journey to the TLM with this starter!