1962 Roman Catholic Daily Missal
Get it in 2-9 days via USPS Media Mail.
This is the only complete Roman Missal according to the typical 1962 edition approved by the Church!
This missal is for the liturgy of 1962, also known as the Tridentine Mass, or as Pope Benedict stated in 2007, the extraordinary form" (forma extraordinaria) of the Roman Rite.
The 1962 Daily Missal contains the Latin originals and the English translations of the rites for Holy Mass as well as many other liturgical ceremonies that were widespread and popular in the centuries before the liturgical reforms of Vatican II took effect.
With its sublime texts and ceremonies that orient both priest and parishioner entirely to the worship of God, this form of the sacred liturgy has fostered a living faith that has produced many saints and inspired countless artists, writers and thinkers to create much of what we now know as Western culture. Thanks to Pope Benedict’s Apostolic Letter Summorum Pontificum in 2007, this form of the liturgy is now being celebrated more regularly and freely.
Features of the Baronius Press edition of the 1962 Daily Missal:
- 2,248 pages printed in red/black.
- Dimensions 4.25" x 6.85"
- Full Latin and English text of the Pope Benedict's Summorum Pontificum.
- 115 engravings dispersed throughout the book, all digitally remastered.
- Foreword and Imprimatur from the Fabian W. Bruskewitz, STD, Bishop of Lincoln.
- All the Masses of the Liturgical Year, in Latin with English translation (Scripture texts are from the Douay-Rheims Bible), according to the Roman Calendar of 1962 - Temporal and Sanctoral Cycles and accompanying rites (Chrism Mass, Blessing of Ashes, Blessing of Palms, and the Blessing of Holy Oils, etc)
- Ordinary of the Mass, in Latin with English translation
- Liturgical Calendar
- Table of Moveable Feasts up to AD 2066
- Complete Holy Week Liturgy of 1962 (including the Office of Tenebrae)
- Common Masses of the Saints and the Blessed Virgin
- Supplement of special Masses for the Dioceses of the USA
- Supplement of special Masses for the Dioceses of England and Wales
- Supplement of special Masses for the Dioceses of Scotland
- Supplement of special Masses for the Dioceses of Australia and New Zealand
- Feasts celebrated in particular places and in certain religious congregations
- Votive Masses for the days of the week
- Sixteen Votive Masses for various occasions
- Masses for the Dead (including infants), Complete Burial Service, Prayers for the Dead
- Marriage Service and Nuptial Mass
- The Churching of Women
- Kyriale, in traditional Gregorian chant notation, including:
- Tones for the most common Ordinaries: I (Lux et Origo), IV (Cunctipotens Genitor Deus), VIII (De Angelis), IX (Cum Jubilo), XI (Orbis Factor), XXVII (Sundays of Advent & Lent), XVIII (Deus Genitor Alme)
- Tones for the Asperges and the Vidi Aquam
- Tones for the Credo: I, II, III and IV
- Vespers for Sundays and Feasts
- Compline for Sundays
- Hymns and chants for Exposition and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
- Anthems to the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Litany of the Saints
- Various Devotions and Prayers including favourite Litanies, the Way of the Cross, prayers of the Rosary and others
- Morning and Evening Prayers
- Devotions for Confession
- Devotions for Holy Communion
- Te Deum Laudamus
- The Itinerary or Office before a Journey
- Various Blessings
- An explanation of "The Liturgy or Public Worship of the Catholic and Roman Church"
- An Abridgment of Christian Doctrine
Excellent. I like it, need 1 more
The Latin Missal is perfect! The font is the right size, and nice to have both Latin and English. I would highly recommend.
1962 Roman Catholic Daily Missal
Beautifully bound, quickly shipped. Very pleased.
I wanted to read daily about the mass, and I wanted to do it with the approved version of the missal. I am enjoying it, and I am learning at the same time.