Prayers of the Auxilium Christianorum
Publisher: Sensus Traditionis
Publication Date: November 12, 2017
This small prayerbook is a manual that contains the prayers which are to be said everyday for those who are members of the Auxilium Christianorum, which is an association that any diligent and faithful Catholic can join. See the requirements below.
This prayers of this book can also be found in the fourth section of Fr. Ripperger's Deliverance Prayers prayerbook.
The Church teaches us that it is divided into the Church Triumphant (which includes the members of the Church in heaven), the Church Suffering (this includes the members of the Church in purgatory), and the Church Militant (this refers to those members of the Church who are alive in this world). Because we are part of the Church Militant, we are in a spiritual warfare and this spiritual warfare requires that we recognize, as St. Paul teaches us, "For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against the principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places." (Ephesians 6:12)
The members of the Auxilium Christianorum should always bear in mind the reality of our state as members of the Church living in this world. Despite St. Paul's teaching, many Catholic do not take seriously their obligation to wage war against demonic forces. It is for this reason that the Association of the Auxilium Christianorum was founded.
The principal aims of this association are:
- To provide prayers for those priests associated with the Auxilium Christianorum, so that their apostolate in driving out the demons is efficacious.
- To provide prayers for the protection of the priests, members of the Association and their families and friends so that they are not adversely affected by the demonic.
Requirements of its Members
- Prior to becoming a member of the Auxilium Christianorum, laymen are strongly exhorted to consult their spiritual director or confessor.
- They are to seek to lead a habitual life of sanctifying grace, always desiring never to fall into the state of mortal sin and to avoid all intentional venial sin.
- The members are continually to seek to increase and to perfect their life of prayer, which includes not only the vocal prayers which are contained herein, but also a consistent life of meditation, which is very effective in driving out the demonic and avoiding demonic oppression.
- To pray the Rosary daily. The intention of the Rosary may be for any intention and does not have to be offered for the aims of the Auxilium Christianorum.
- The members are to fulfill the daily requirements of vocal prayers contained herein having as their intention the principal aims of the Association. The members are to make frequent use of the sacramentals known to ward off and drive out the demonic.
- The members are to strive to keep the words of St. Paul in their hearts that since we fight against principalities and powers, i.e. against the demonic, they are to strive for meekness and humility in relation to their neighbor, never striking out in anger or vindication, but seeking to root out any demonic influence according to their state in life. This involves using the binding prayers according to authentic Catholic principles and to avoid any form of superstition, whether it is in the daily living of their lives of when they engage in the battle against evil spirits. This means that their use of the prayers contained herein or any prayer to drive out the demonic will always be subordinate to Catholic principle and always be done with devotion and faith.
- The members must strive to increase their devotion to Our Lady under the title of Virgo Potens (Virgin Most Powerful).
- Each members must strive to increase his devotion to his Guardian Angel.
- When it is financially possible, each member of the Auxilium Christianorum is to keep statues of Our Lady and St. Michael in his home, before which a votive candle must be burned.
- The members of the Association should be aware that none of these requirements binds under pain of sin.
Fr. Chad Ripperger, Ph.D. is a theologian, Thomistic psychologist, philosopher, author, and exorcist. Father Ripperger was originally ordained in 1997, as a member of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter (FSSP). He now has his own society, the Doloran Fathers, also known as the Society of the Most Sorrowful Mother, which is located in the archdiocese of Denver. He has a Ph.D. in philosophy and a master's degree in theology from Holy Apostles Seminary in Cromwell, Connecticut. Ripperger has developed a stellar reputation as a stalwart defender of Catholic tradition. He has an outspoken, no-nonsense approach to the Faith, which many of the faithful see as a breath of fresh air.
I prayed this prayer with Father Heilman during one of his prayer campaigns and wanted to keep the prayer. It is powerful, beautiful and so needed right now. It is in fact, so powerful, that it is recommended that you seek guidance from a spiritual director prior to committing to this. Please buy it, speak to your priest, and pray the prayers of this book. Thank you for printing and distributing!
Much needed ,beautiful prayers, for our and families protection, needed so desperately in our times. Appreciate the opportunity to have them to say, for us. People need this, we need to pray these prayers for all. God Bless...
These prayers are so necessary for our times! I say them now everyday! Thank you for this wonderful gift of powerful prayers!