Cooking with the Saints
Publisher: Sophia Institute Press
Publication Date: March 21, 2019
This beautiful, hardcover cookbook features over 60 recipes to help your family celebrate the liturgical year and the life of the saints.
Both a teaching and a cookbook, this resource offers triple nourishment of body, soul and mind that makes it so much more than a traditional cookbook. From approachable saints bios with an accompanying dish to full meals associated with Holy Days of Obligation, your family will enjoy these delicious, authentic, tested, and easy-to-cook recipes.
Here you'll find brief saints biographies and ideal accompanying dishes tied to the liturgical feasts of the Church. From this exceptional cookbook, your family will receive triple nourishment: for body, mind, and spirit.
In it, you'll encounter:
- Scores of exciting dishes from dozens of countries, including Ethiopia, Spain, Poland, Hungary, Korea, Scotland, France, Greece, and Sweden
- Sixty fascinating saints biographies
- A comprehensive list of celebratory cookies for feast days throughout the year
- Many traditional recipes, including Roman Honey Cake, Hungarian Goulash Soup, and even Papal Cream Cake (a favorite of St. John Paul II)
- A handy index to help you find just the kind of dinner you need tonight
- A carefully categorized shopping list for each recipe, to save you time in the store
Each delicious recipe comes from Alexandra Greeley, a professional world travel and advocate of all things relating to food and faith.
You and your family are sure to find Cooking with the Saints to be a wonderful companion to enrich your liturgical year.