Manual for Conquering Deadly Sin
Publisher: TAN Books
Publication Date: October 20, 2017
Format: Imitation Leather
In any struggle, you must know your enemy. Hence, Part I:
- Defines sin and distinguishes between mortal and venial sins.
- Examines each of the classical seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, avarice, sloth, anger, envy, and pride.
- Reveals their causes, manifestations, and more.
- Provides specific advice and remedies for conquering each deadly sin in your own life.
- Identifies those corresponding virtues which must be cultivated in order to rid yourself of deadly sin.
Part II, features a compilation of passages from Church teaching and Scripture, along with quotes from the saints that complement and give life to the reflections in Part I.
As Fr. Kolinski makes clear-- the truest medicine is found in the sacramental life of the Church. But, in addition to the graces found in frequent confession and reception of the Eucharist, the Manual for Conquering Deadly Sin will be an indispensable aid in your fight; an invaluable resource for every person serious about salvation.
This little book was a gift to me for Christmas last year. I love it. It explains in clear language everything one must know about sin and gives very easy, concrete advice on how to overcome temptation.
Would you believe that the primary thing one must do is PRAY, PRAY, PRAY?
This little book is filled to the brim with prayers to overcome temptation in general, as well as particular sins one might be struggling with.
Travel size, easy to hold and pray with. No reason not to obtain one today.